Acne is a skin condition in which red, inflamed pimples and non-inflamed pimples appear on the skin. Hormones cause the oil glands of the skin to enlarge and produce clogging of the gland and the hair follicle to which it is attached. These pimples usually appear on the face but are sometimes also found on the chest and neck. In most cases, acne goes away without leaving any scars.
Common causes of acne
- Secretion of excessive amount of oil in the skin
- Hormonal changes during puberty
- Accumulation of oily secretions on the skin surface
- Blockage of the external pores in the skin
- Menstrual periods
- Contraceptive pills
Simple Home Remedies for Acne
- Fresh lime juice may be dabbed on pimples and blackheads.
- Mix 1 tsp fresh coriander powder with a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply on pimples and blackheads. Keep overnight and wash off gently the next morning.
- Make a paste of fresh, young curry leaves apply and keep on overnight wash with warm water in the morning. Helps wrinkles to fade away gradually.
- Make a past of nutmeg (Jaiphal) with raw milk. Apply on pimples and blackheads leave on for 20 minutes or overnight. Continue for 10-12 days, till face is clear.
- For dry skin rub a piece of sandalwood on a smooth stone with a few drops of raw milk. Apply the paste procured on affected areas. Keep on for 1 hour and gently wash it off.
- For oily skin make a paste of sandalwood and rosewater apply on affected areas, keep for 1 hour and wash off gently.
- Fresh fenugreek leaves made into a paste and applied overnight clears pimples.