Feel like snacking in your spare time? munch on a guava fruit. Besides having a great taste and flavor, this fruit is packed with many nutrients and minerals that are very vital for your well being.
Guava fruit is one of the super foods that you must consume every single day. It is rich in dietary fibers, Vitamin A and C, folic acid, and vital minerals like potassium, copper, and magnesium Do you know that Guava fruit has a higher amount of Vitamin-C than an orange? Yes, it has almost four times the amount of this vital vitamin. It has low levels of natural sugar content so it is low in calories. So, you can have it to your heart’s satisfaction without worrying about calories.
- As it is low on sugar content, it regulates the blood sugar levels
- Reduces the bad cholesterol and keeps your heart healthy
- Strengthens your immune system and keeps diseases at bay
- Helps to treat constipation and diarrhea
- Regular consumption of guava fruit is linked to decreased risk of cancer
- Improves your dental health by strengthening the gums and by preventing tooth decay
- Reduces vomiting and vomiting sensation
- Vitamin-A present in this fruit will improve eye health
1 Preventing Cancer
- Guava fruit is rich in an antioxidant called lycopene. This antioxidant is found to be very effective in preventing prostate and breast cancers.
- For cancer patients, eating this fruit regularly will slow down or even prevent the formation of new cancer tumors.
- It is rich in many nutrients such as Vitamin-A, C, flavonoids, beta-carotene, and lutein. These nutrients are very effective in fighting against free radicals that cause inflammation and cancer.
- As this fruit is rich in dietary fiber, it improves your gut health, prevents constipation, diarrhea, and also prevents colon cancer.
2 Reduces Blood Pressure
guava fruit is rich in fiber content and is hypoglycemic in nature. This property of the fruit helps to increase the level of good fat by reducing the level of bad cholesterol. Reduction in bad cholesterol will normalize the blood pressure levels.
3 Ease Constipation
Like mentioned earlier, guava fruit is rich in fiber content which helps to strengthen your gut and improve digestion. Seeds present in guava fruit is a powerful laxative that helps in treating chronic constipation. If you have a chronic constipation problem, try to eat the fruit every day before going to bed at night.
4 Controls Blood Sugar
Guava fruit is not just rich in fiber content, it also has low levels of natural sugars, positioning itself as a low glycaemic index food. So it is very effective in regulating and controlling blood glucose levels. If you are diabetic then guava fruit is a very healthy snack for you.
5 To Treat toothache
Guava is rich in astringent contents. Traditionally its leaves, stem, and fruit part are used to treat tooth pain, gum problems, and ulcers. To treat tooth pain, steep some leaves of guava tree into a cup of hot boiling water for 10 minutes. Strain it out, let it cool down to warm temperature and swish it in your mouth for few seconds before spitting it out.
6 To Treat Hair loss
Our hair roots need Vitamin B and C to stay strong. Fortunately, guava fruit is rich in both of these vitamins. If you are facing hair loss problem, try to eat at least one guava fruit every day. Add some guava leaves to a bucket of water, leave it overnight, and use it to wash your hair next day.
7 For Skin Care
Both guava leaves and fleshy part of the fruit are rich in anti-oxidants, so they are very effective in warding off free radicals from damaging your skin. You can use the pulpy part of the fruit as a scrub or face mask. Additionally, it also contains other nutrients that are beneficial for your skin.