We naturally do not give much importance to something that is easily available and accessible. We happily ignore easily available gooseberries and go after oranges that are imported from other countries. Well, it is the case with India.
If we had given enough importance to gooseberries over oranges, then most of us (Indians) could have protected ourselves from many diseases. Do you know that gooseberries have more nutrients over orange fruits?
Nutrient Contents in 100 grams of each
Fibre: 2.4 grams in gooseberry and 4.5 grams in orange
Calorie: 47 calories in gooseberry and 44 calories in orange
Protein: 0.94 grams in gooseberry and 0.88 grams in orange
Vitamin A: 11mg in gooseberry and 15mg in orange
Vitamin C: 53.2 international unit in gooseberry and 27.7 international unit in orange.
Calcium: 40mg in gooseberry and 0mg in orange
Potassium: 198mg in gooseberry and 250mg in orange
Health Benefits of Orange
- A medium sized 100 g of orange contains 44 calories, 250 mg potassium, and 19-grams carbohydrates.
- It supplies us with 30 percent more Vitamin C we need per day.
- Orange is rich in vitamins like Vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin. And also rich in minerals like phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, selenium, and copper. This will strengthen our immune system and protects us from various infections and diseases.
- It contains Cholin, a chemical compound necessary for sleep, muscle functioning, and memory. Additionally, it improves the functioning of neurotransmitters.
- Folic acid present in orange enhances the workings of the brain. When pregnant women consume orange regularly, their babies will have healthy brain growth.
- Orange has high levels of fiber content. This eases digestion process and prevents constipation.
- Flavonoid present in orange helps to regulate blood pressure and keeps it under control. It also reduces the fat levels. This protects the heart and keeps it in healthy condition.
Health Benefits of Gooseberries
- Gooseberries have 20 percent more Vitamin-C over orange fruit.
- Pregnant ladies frequently experience nausea, dizziness, and vomiting. They can cut down little pieces of gooseberries and eat it when their experience dizziness.
- We can call gooseberries as “One Man Army” Emblicanin A compound present in gooseberries will increase the formation of new body cells and repairs the damaged cells.
- One gooseberry a day will keep you fresh and young. It strengthens the heart and kidneys. It also purifies the blood.
- Mixing gooseberry extract with honey and consuming it regularly will cure all the eye problems on the long run.
- As it dissolves excess fat and flushes it out of the body. It strengthens the heart and improves blood circulation throughout the body.
- It strengthens the digestive system, thereby it cures constipation, stomach irritation, and many other stomach related problems.
There is an old saying, “An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away” But the new saying should be “Half a gooseberry a day will keep the Doctor away”