Coriander leaves play a major role in many Indian recipes. It is added to the recipes to enhance its taste and aroma. Similar to coriander leaves, coriander seeds are also used in many recipes as well. But the role of coriander doesn’t end there, apart from enhancing the aroma and taste of our foods it is very vital for our health as well.
Best quality coriander leaves and coriander seeds are sourced in Indian sub-continent. This coriander is exported around the world and has high demand as well.
100 Grams of Coriander leaves has the following nutrients.
- 86.3g – Minerals
- 1.3g – Fiber
- 6.3g – Carbohydrates
- 44 – Calories
- 154mg – Calcium
- 75mg – Phosphorus
- 18mg – Iron
- 0.08mg – Niacin
- 135mg – Vitamin-C
Medicinal Uses of Coriander
- Making a chutney out of coriander leaves and having it with rice will increase the appetite, strengthens the digestive system, and increases blood formation. Coriander leaves are also a diuretic so it expels the excessive water content in the body and helps to regulate it.
- Make a paste out of coriander leaves, mix this paste in warm water and drink it. This will cure nausea, dizziness, and headache.
- Mix a paste of coriander leaves in warm milk and add a little palm sugar to it for sweetness. This will ease the pain due to piles and helps with curing it.
- Chain smokers and occasional smokers have high toxic levels in their blood. This makes their eyes, cheeks, and lips look dark, lifeless and unattractive. To cure this regularly chew and swallow a handful of coriander leaves every day. Following this method continuously for two months will gradually cure the darkness in eyes, lips, cheeks and purifies the blood.
- Many women suffer from anemia after pregnancy. They should regularly consume coriander leaves by adding it to their salads and other recipes. This will help to get rid of anemia.
- To cure continuous belching and burping due to stomach problems, make a tea out of 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds along with 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds and drink it one to two times a day.
In short, make regular use of coriander leaves and coriander seeds in your recipes and foods to enjoy all of its benefits for your healthy life.