Different people have different types of skins and different skin types come with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Some people have will have a more supple and soft looking skin that is very attractive. However, there may be other people who might even be young and whose skin doesn’t look that attractive. If you belong to the latter category of people, you could be wondering why you cannot just have the same attractive skin? Before you dig into the exact reasons for your unhealthy skin, you need to know why your skin gets damaged in the first place. By knowing these reasons you will get a step closer to achieving that attractive look on your skin.
Your skin gets damaged due to three major reasons.
Internal reasons include genetic makeup, stress, alcohol, sleeplessness, lack of nutrition, dehydration, hormone changes, damage or deficiency of collagen and elastin, fat deficiency, and diseases.
Ultraviolet radiations. When your skin exposed to this radiation, it leads to the formation of free radicals, which are responsible for skin cancers and other skin problems. Smoking, air pollution, extreme weather conditions, carelessness towards skin care, and improper use of beauty products.
Most of the beauty products contain steroids, antifungal, and antibiotic mixture. Similarly, fairness creams contain steroids, retinoid, and hydroquinone combination. Both of these can damage the skin. Using these beauty products regularly can make the skin weak and will make the facial nerve lines more visible.
- Some people show a lot of facial expressions while talking, this is habit is very common among actors because their work demands it. Due to this reason, these people will start to form facial lines.
- These people’s internal skin tissues get constricted at an early age, and this will make their outer skin layer to become weak leading to wrinkles.
- Sleeping posture can affect the skin. Some people have the habit of squeezing their face onto a pillow for the whole night. This can lead to facial lines on those sides of the face.
- Next major reason is gravity. It might sound absurd, but gravity does shape your face is the reality. The shape of the face should be in the form of an inverted triangle. Meaning upper part of the face should be broad narrows down as it reaches the lowest point. But as we age due to the force of gravity, this shape gets flipped and becomes a vertical triangle. Meaning, the upper part of the face would become narrow, while the jaw line becomes broad.
- Smoking plays a very major role in skin damage. So if you are a smoker and desire for a good looking skin, then it is better to quit it.
What needs to be done to have a healthy skin?
- Quit smoking, have a healthy dietary lifestyle, take proper care of your skin, protect the skin from harmful effects of UV radiations.
- Your body needs a minimum 6 hours of sleep a day. It is only during your sleep, your skin repairs itself of the damage caused by free radicals. So never sacrifice your sleep. Recent surveys revealed that people who work late night and do night shifts are more likely to have unhealthy and unattractive skins. Additionally, they also develop wrinkles at a much earlier stage in their life.
- Alchohol drains your skin of its moisture content and leave it dry. Dry skin looks lifeless and unattractive. So if you are a frequent drinker, give it up.
Does drinking wine make the skin healthy?
- Many people believe the real secret behind attractive skins of celebrities is red wine. There are also few other people who believe that wearing makeup regularly will make your skin to look naturally attractive and bright.
- It is true that red wine helps with achieving healthy and glowing skin, as they are rich in antioxidants. But, it should not be consumed more than 60ml a day. Also, it is not really essential that you need to drink red wine to keep your skin healthy. You can source antioxidants from other fruit juices like grapes, gooseberries, strawberries, lemons, etc. Red, yellow, and orange colored fruits, in particular, are good for your skin. Beta-carotene present in sweet potatoes, and carrots will make the skin look more healthy and beautiful.
- Applying makeup regularly will not make a person’s skin brighter, fairer or more healthy. The main reason for beautiful skins in celebrities is the care and attention they give to their skins. People who drink a lot of fruit juices, water, and exercise regularly will naturally have a healthy and glowing skin.
Quick recipe for healthy skin
In a glass of warm water, mix a little honey, lemon extract, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Drink this the first thing in the morning on empty stomach. Antioxidants present in this drink will make your skin glowy and make it appear healthy.
Quick tips for healthy skin
- Drink water as much you want at any part of the day. Make it a habit.
- Drink water the first thing in the morning after waking up. Drinking water is not just for quenching your thirst, it also helps to get rid of toxins in your body. When your internal organs are healthy and free of toxins, it will naturally make your skin appear more healthy.
- Replace oily snacks with fresh fruits. Avoid juicing the fruits, instead consume it directly to get the maximum benefits out of it.
- Cooking your own food is not only healthy for your body, it is also healthy for your skin.
- If there is a skin problem, always find out the real reason behind it through appropriate tests and Doctor’s advice and treat it accordingly.