Soaps have become an essential part of our everyday life. We cannot just have a bath or shower without using a soap. It plays an important in making us feel better after a refreshing shower. However, soaps come with its own drawbacks. Many dermatologists today recommend using a body wash over soaps.
Why is Body Wash the Best?
- PH level of soaps is much higher than that of body wash. Due to this reason, it can trigger allergic reactions in some people.Additionally, soaps contain certain harsh chemicals and it can dry out your skin of moisture content. Similarly, it removes the natural oil content in the skin. So, it leaves the skin dry and lifeless, especially your face.
- On the other hand, body wash has low PH level. So it will not trigger allergic reactions or dry out your skin. It makes your skin look supple and healthy.
- If you have skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, and dryness you should use body wash instead of soap bars. As body wash will protect the moisture content in the skin.
- But body wash is not all that perfect itself. Many popular brands provide a luffa scrub along with your body wash purchase. Dermatologists recommend against using this scrub. though seem like it makes your skin look brighter and fairer, but it damages the outer layer of the skin. This makes the sunlight to penetrate the inner layers of your skin very easily. This could lead to permanent pigmentation and age spots on the skin which is very hard to cure.
Say no to scrubber
There are may be many varieties of scrubbers available at the beauty stores near you, some are made of synthetic materials, while some are claimed to be natural and contain herbs. No matter what it is made of, scrubbers are not healthy for your skin. The best way to wash your skin is by using your bare hands.
How to use Body wash?
- Body wash can be used by everyone irrespective of age or gender. It can even be used on just born babies.
- A small amount of body wash can be collected in a little cup and it can be applied all over your body while taking bath.
- certain body washes can get solidified and they start to look like small balls. These type of body washes are not good for your skin and environment. So, they should be avoided.
- Body washes that are rich in moisturizers and low on fragrance are the best choice.
- If you have skin problems and skin diseases you should use body washes that have high levels of moisturizer. At the same time, ensure it has less odor or fragrance.
- There is a special body wash available for babies aged between 0 – 6 years. They are the best choice to use on babies.
- If you want to start using body washes look for are the ones that contain coconut milk, butter, olive, and aloe vera, as they are the best ones.
Can we use Body wash on our face?
- There are four types of skins namely, oily skin, dry skin, combination skin, and normal skin. People with oily skin can use a face wash that removes the oil content on their face, and use body wash for rest of their body.
- People with dry skin or combination skin can use a face wash that is specially manufactured for their skin type or use body wash for their face as well.
- People with normal skin can just use body wash on their face. If they wish, they can also use a face wash. But it is not really necessary.
Read this before using soaps
- Some families make use of a single soap which will be used by all the members of the family. This practice should be avoided. Soaps can act as a carrier for skin diseases and spread it from one person to another. So it is not a hygienic practice and should be avoided.
- Different people have different skin types, so before choosing a soap, consult a skin Doctor and choose the one which will be the right choice for your skin type. Some people will have oil skin. These people can use soaps, but the PH level of the soap must be 5.5. It is always best to follow Doctor’s advice while choosing a soap.
- People with excess oil secretion can use special soaps specifically manufactured for it. But even then these soaps should not be used more than twice a day.