Fever, headache, body pain no matter what problems we face in our daily life, most of the people end up taking a paracetamol tablet on their own and get on with their tasks. If you are one among these people then better stop taking self-medications for your conditions from today. It is not only dangerous, it can further complicate your problems in the future. Paracetamol tablets are usually prescribed for cold and fever. It is also called as acetaminophen by Doctors. It is usually prescribed for kids and adults as painkillers. To a certain degree helps to get relief from joint pains.
World health organization considers paracetamol as one of the most essential and basic painkillers for our well-being. But that doesn’t make it any safer to use on your own. Overuse of paracetamol can lead to many side effects. Sometimes it can even turn fatal is the fact. Excessive use of paracetamol will lead to liver failure. When you consume paracetamol at Doctor’s advised doses, then it is fairly safe and has minimal side effects. But when you consume it on your own even you feel bad, then it can lead to stomach problems, stomach ulcer, and many other complications.
So what is the level of Paracetamol that can be consumed by adults and children?
- As paracetamol can lead to many severe side effects, we need to take some precautionary steps before having it.
- People who are affected by allergies, who regularly drink alcohol, who have pre-existing liver conditions should definitely consult a Doctor and take paracetamol medications based on his advice.
- People who are older than 16 years of age can take 1 or 2 tablets per session and they should not take these tablets for more than 4 sessions a day.
- Kids between 12 to 15 years of age can take 1 to 1 1/5 tablets per session. But not more than 4 sessions a day.
- Kids between 10 to 11 years of age can only consume 1 tablet up to 4 times a day.
- Children younger than 10 years must only consume paracetamol based on Doctor’s advice.
- The Time interval between two consecutive sessions should be a minimum of 4 to 6 hours.
When you exceed these limitations it will lead to hepatitis and weaken the liver. Additionally, it will spoil the intestines and ruin its health. When you consume paracetamol in minimal doses it has minimal harm to the intestines, but the effects get multiplied when you increase the dosage. So protect yourself and use the medications responsibly.