Colon hydrotherapy enhances the process of peristalsis or contraction of the muscles. Thus it improves the overall health of the individual. Any kind of complications associated with the colon; result in change in shape of the colon.
The colon is related to every system and colonic hydrotherapy helps in the health of the overall system in an indirect manner.
The other benefits of colon hydrotherapy are as follows:
- It activates the waste removal process, this helps in weight loss.
- It enhances the mental functioning and prevents the degenerative processes associated with aging.
- Muscle tone is restored, this prevents constipation.
- Metabolism improves, thus decreases the process of demineralization.
- Problems associated with intestinal transit, such as diarrhea and constipation are helped out. This is done, devoid of any prescription drugs.
- A feeling of lightness is seen to be related to decrease in weight in the colon. The compression by the nearby organs is also decreased.
- Natural immunity levels increases and thus decreases the risk of any complication.
- The function of the lungs, lymph and heart improve, due to their relation with the colon.
- It eliminates the waste and thus provides overall health.
How many colon hydrotherapies does one need?
Of course, the number of colon hydrotherapy sessions desired will depend on the individual. Every person’s goals will differ. Just as some people exercise on a daily or weekly basis to tone and tighten their outer body, some people follow an ongoing cleansing, toning and rebuilding regimen for the inner body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Colon Hydrotherapy Safe?
Yes, the water is introduced to a low gravitational pressure so there is no danger of bowel perforation. Colon hydrotherapy, unlike the use of laxative, is not habit-forming. We use only disposable single-use rectal tubes and speculums.
Are there any contraindications?
Yes, you cannot have colon hydrotherapy in any of the following situations.
- Cancer of the colon or GI tract
- Congestive heart failure
- Carcinoma of the rectum
Is there any special preparation?
Not really. It is good to miss a meal before the treatment but equally, you do not want to have eaten a large meal just before the treatment. A light meal a couple of hours before is best.
For abdominal massage during colon hydrotherapy treatment we recommend do not drink a lot of liquids.
What will I feel during the treatment?
Warm filtered water is gently introduced via a speculum – into the rectum and up into the colon where it soaks away and lenses the unwanted material. The water stimulates peristalsis (i.e. the contraction of the colon) so the colon then pushes water and matter out through the tube. You experience the peristalsis as a strong urge to go to the toiler. You do not have to push and you do not need to hold on, relax and the body will do the work for you.
Can it be Painful?
No, it is not painful. A cream is applied for the nozzle before the therapy. It will be gentle gravity flow of water without any pressure Patient will experience a pleasant lighter feeling when the toxins are moving out.
How might I feel after the treatment?
How people feel after the treatment varies enormously. Sometimes the treatment initiates emotional release as our feelings are often stored in the gut. After the first one or two treatments, it becomes easier and people often fit it in their lunch break.
How many sessions do I need?
It really depends on the condition of the bowel and how it responds to the treatment how many exactly are needed. It has taken a lifetime to build up the matter in the colon, so it is reasonable to expect that it will take a number of sessions to remove it. For healthy people, 4 to 6 sessions will usually give a good clean out. Clients who take it further will always gain more. People with IBS sometimes respond quite well whereas others need more sessions. For any serious condition, a treatment plan can be made in consultation with the therapist.
Would enema’s help me as well?
Yes, as an addition to colon hydrotherapy enema’s can work quite well. Enemas cannot be compared to colon hydrotherapy through. Colon hydrotherapy inserts 20 to 30 gallons of water into the colon in one treatment and cleanses the bowel far better and far deeper.
Will it make the bowel lazy?
No, it is an exercise for the bowel. Stimulation, contraction, and relaxation will help tone and reshape the colon to aid incomplete elimination.
Will it wash out all the good bacteria?
It will wash out some good bacteria. In a healthy person, the good bacteria will reproduce itself within 2-3 days especially now that the environment is cleaner. Probiotics drink is given after the treatment and also coconut water to replace minerals.
What will Colonics do for the colon?
Cleanse the Colon: Breaks down toxic excrement so it can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination. Toxins built up over a long period are gently removed in a series of treatments. Your colon can begin to co-operate again as it was intended. In this sense, a colonic is a rejuvenation treatment.
Exercise the colon muscles: The build-up of toxins weakens the colon and impairs its functioning. The gentle filling and emptying of the colon improve peristalsis (muscular contraction) by which the colon naturally moves material. Having colonics is like taking your colon to the gym.
Reshape the colon: When problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter its shape because the colon is a muscle and it will enlarge to the build-up of toxins not being released. That, in turn, causes more problems. The gentle action of the water, coupled with massage techniques of the colon therapist, help to eliminate bulging pockets of poop and narrowed, spastic constrictions finally enabling the colon to resume its natural state.
Stimulated Reflex Points in the Colon: The colon is connected to every system and organ in the body of reflex points. The colonic stimulates these points thereby affecting the corresponding body parts in a beneficial way. Thus creating overall well-being and health in the body.
Hydration of the Whole Body: Water is absorbed into the body through the colon which increases the volume of blood. the circulation of the blood is increased, resulting in a greater bathing of the cells This dilutes the toxins and flushes them out; relieving toxemia and uremia, and increasing elimination both through the kidneys, and the skin as well as bowls. All this generally assists the cardiovascular and circulatory systems to be more efficient.
Benefits of Colon Hydrotherapy
- Stimulates peristaltic action of intestines restoring normal muscle tone and therefore removal of constipation. Potential to correct intestinal transit problems such as constipation and diarrhea without resorting to prescription drugs.
- The sensation of well being due to the elimination of mucus, alimentary remainders not digested, gases and toxic bacteria. Relieves inflammation and edema due to the elimination of irritating substances.
- Expels parasites due to alternating water temperatures and complementary additives to colonic water such as garlic and another vermifuge (parasite killing) herbs. Decreases demineralization of the body because it improves metabolism.
- Initiates weight reduction process due to activating elimination. Creates an increase in mental capacity and rejuvenation since it decreases the degenerative process, normal or accelerated, by removing the toxic substance that affects biological aging.