Bromelain is a natural enzyme. If you do not know what an enzyme is, it is a chemical that encourages metabolism in our body. Bromelain enzyme on the similar lines helps to digest protein.
Problems due to deficiency of Bromelain
- Deficiency of bromelain enzyme will lead to failure of protein digestion.
- Slow down in the healing process of wounds and injuries.
- Frequent occurrence of allergies, and Asthma problems.
What is the use of Bromelain
- This enzyme is mainly found in pineapple fruit and pineapple stem. It is used in the manufacturing of several medications to fight diseases.
- It has its use in recovering from a successful sinus operation.
- To cure the swelling in body
- Reduces body weight.
- Cures indigestion problems.
- Helps in absorbing protein completely.
- For curing allergies, asthma, autoimmune disorder diseases.
- Additionally, it is used to treat cancer, ulcer, joint pains, arthritis and other problems.
Sources of Bromelain
- Papaya, mango
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
Level of bromelain needed per day
- 200 to 800 mg.
- Bromelain can lead to stomach pain in some people when it is given through medications or supplements. So, it needs to be taken along with meals.