Bedridden patients have the high probability of bed sores if they are not given proper care. Once the bed sores start to appear, they can be really hard to cure, particularly if the person has diabetes. Prevention is always better than cure, and it can’t be truer when it comes to bed sores.
In this article, we will look into some easy to follow tips to prevent bed sores.
Top Tips to Prevent Bed Sores
- Make the patient lie down in different positions from time to time. Procedure to alter their positions differs from person to person. So, consult a Doctor regarding the procedure and follow his directions.
- Mix 10-15ml of antibiotic liquid in a mug of water and use it to wipe off the skin surfaces of the patient.
- The Patient should be made to take a bath every day. This will prevent bed sores.
- Coconut oil or sesame seed oil can be applied to the skin surface. This will control the body’s temperature.
- Placing cotton bed sheets and pillows under sensitive areas is necessary. These need to be changed every day. If it gets dirty due to vomiting and other reasons, it must be changed immediately.
- Place cotton towels or soft pillows underbody parts that put more pressure on the bed, especially the back.
- If a little kid is bedridden for some reason, parents of the little one can carry it around regularly.
- The bedridden patient must take very hygienic foods. This will provide them with needed immunity to fight the bacterias and free radicals that lead to inflammation and infections.
- Patients who already have bed sores must take appropriate medications as per Doctor’s advice.