Reason for Pimples
Our skin secretes an oily substance called sebum. This sebum plays a vital role in the formation of pimples in our skin. Some people will have excessive excretion of sebum in their skin due to hormone problems. We get pimples when there is a block in the skin pores or when there is excessive secretion of sebum.
Other reasons for pimples include hormone imbalance, consuming oily foods, taking in high levels of medications, depression, stress, surroundings, dandruff, lack of proper care, side effects of certain drugs and a lot more.
When will we get pimples?
Pimples can occur at the age of 13 to 30. But some people can still get pimples after this age. Pimples can occur in women during their periods and disappear after that. Polycystic Ovarian Disease can also lead to pimples.
How do the Pimples Spread?
Pimples can emerge in nose edges, cheeks, forehead, jawline, and practically anywhere in the face. It occurs in two colors, black and white. We call this as blackheads and whiteheads. Due to bacterial infection pimples can get little big and can have pus formation. Some pimples can be painful. Squeezing out the pus, pinching pimples, touching the pimples more often will make it spread. So it should be brought to the attention of the Dermatologist.
How to Prevent Pimples?
The first step would be to determine your skin type. There are broadly three types of skin. Oily skin, normal skin, and dry skin. Some people have a combination skin type. Use the appropriate face wash to your skin type and use it to wash your face for two to three times a day.
- Always use cold water to wash your face and keep it clean.
- Use a separate towel for drying your face.
- Avoiding fat rich and oily foods will go a long way in preventing pimples.
8 Ways to prevent pimples naturally
- Drop in some Neem leaves to hot water and expose your face to the steam from this hot water for 10 minutes. After this, dry off the face in a towel and wash the face again in cold water.
- Take some mint leaves, neem leaves, holy basil leaves, and Artemisia pallens. Make these ingredients into a paste and mix it with little gram flour. Apply this as a pack all over the face, leave it for 10 minutes and wash it off in warm water.
- Take a little garlic raw garlic paste, apply it on the pimples and leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off in cold water. This paste should not be applied all over the face.
- Make a paste out of 2 nos cloves, 2 nos black pepper, 1/2 tsp Multani mitti and make it into a paste by adding a little water. Apply this paste over pimples and wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Add some rose petals to a cup of water. Boil this water for 10 minutes, cool it down, and keep this water in a refrigerator. Use this water to wash your face two to three times a day. This will prevent pimples and make your skin glow.
- Mix a little tomato extract (seeds removed) with 2 teaspoon nutmeg powder, 1 teaspoon neutral powder, 2 pinch sandal powder and make it into a paste. Apply this over the face and wash it off after 10 minutes. This will make the pimples disappear.
- Make a powder out of 1 tsp green gram flour, 2 nos lemon leaves, 2 nos neem leaves, and 1/2 tsp turmeric. Mix this powder with rose water and apply it over face and wash off after 10 minutes.
- Mix equal levels of cucumber extract and aloe vera gel. Add 2 tsp of barley powder and 2 tsp of Multani mitti to this paste. Mix it well in a mixie. Applying this paste over pimples and washing it off after 30 minutes will cure the pimples and also prevent it from spreading.