Before we proceed any further with this article, let me make one thing very clear. Foods are always the best source of vitamins and minerals over multivitamin tablets any day. Some people have the habit of taking these tablets whenever they feel weak, or when they are deprived of good foods. But, is it a good practice? Can multivitamin tablets be used as a source of energy? Who can consume these tablets? What is the actual purpose of these tablets? We will look into answers for these questions in this article.
What is multivitamin?
Vitamins and minerals are very vital for our body. We get these through our foods. But, when a person fails to consume healthy foods, he or she may experience vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Multivitamin tablets are mainly manufactured for these people. In other words, when these people consume multivitamin tablets, they can get their essential dose of vitamins and minerals for that session.
What are the nutrients present in these tablets?
Multivitamin tablets contain two types of vitamins. Vitamins that are fat soluble and vitamins that are water soluble.
Vitamin – A, D, E, K are fat soluble vitamins. High levels of these vitamins in our body can lead to many health problems.
Vitamin – B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, and Vitamin-C are water soluble vitamins. Vegetables and Lentils are rich in this kind of vitamins. High levels of these vitamins are not a threat to our health, as excess levels of these are expelled through urine.
How to detect Vitamin Deficiency?
- Through Blood test.
- Tests that are carried out to detect malnutrition.
- Experienced Doctors can detect Vitamin deficiency just through symptoms expressed by their patients.
Who needs it?
- People who have vitamin deficiencies.
- Diabetes patients.
- Pregnant women.
- People who suffer from malnutrition.
- Those with indigestion problem.
- People who suffer from malabsorption syndrome.
For the attention of people who consume multivitamin tablets without Doctor’s direction
Consuming tablets of fat soluble vitamins without Doctor’s advice can lead to many health problems and severe side effects.
Water soluble vitamin tablets contain high levels of B-complex. Consuming these tablets in high quantities can lead to undesirable side effects.
It is always best to consume these tablets with Doctor’s advice.
Some vitamin tablets should not be consumed by certain people, and some should only be taken by certain people. There is a type of vitamin tablets that should be consumed only by people with Vitamin deficiencies. On the contrary, there is another type of vitamin tablets that should be consumed by people with high levels of vitamins. So, before consuming these pills or tablets, the person should be aware whether he or she has vitamin deficiencies or has high levels of these vitamins.
Packaged and preserved foods will have high levels of fat soluble vitamins. So, it is better to avoid these foods completely.
What are the effects of consuming multivitamin tablets without Doctor’s advice
- Inflammation in face, lips, tongue, and throat.
- Stomach problems.
- An undesirable taste sensation in the tongue.
- Excessive urination.
How to acquire multivitamins through foods
- All the vegetables and greens are rich in vitamins.
- Nuts and lentils are rich in most vitamins, they can be consumed regularly.
- Apple, orange, sweet lime fruits can be regularly included in our meals.
- Eggs and meat can be consumed for two days a week.
- Sunlight is the excellent source of Vitamin-D. So spending 20 minutes a day in mild sunlight is good for health.