Some people have the habit of cooking foods without any salt. The reason, someone in their family could have high blood pressure. Since they cannot cook separately for that person with blood pressure, other family members would have got used to eating the same food without salt. When these people taste foods with salt, they will feel it saltier. These people have got used to eating foods without salt with due consideration to the person who has blood pressure in their home. Is high blood pressure really that threatening and dangerous?
What is blood pressure?
There will be continuous blood flow in nerves and veins. There will be varying speeds of blood flow as it enters the heart and when it leaves the heart. This force or speed of blood flow is termed as Blood Pressure medically. There will be a pressure that is developed in large arteries, this enables proper blood flow throughout the body.
What is High Blood Pressure?
Normal blood pressure level for a healthy person is “120/80 mmHg”. 120 is called as systolic pressure and 80 is called as diastolic pressure. When the blood pressure increases beyond 130/90 mmHg range, we called it as high blood pressure.
When does the High Blood Pressure Happen?
Blood pressure is quite normal for our body. It rises when there is some problem in any organ. This leads to change in blood pressure. There will be changes in blood pressure during emotions like happiness, sadness, anxiety, sleep, anger, fear, shock etc.. this change can be high or low. As we get old blood pressure increases.
There are also many other reasons for the increase in blood pressure such as overweight, diabetes, urinary infections, high levels of fat content in blood, damage due to alcohol, smoking, stressing insomnia.
What is Isolated Systolic Hypertension?
When there is only increase in the levels of systolic pressure beyond 180 range, it is called as Isolated Systolic Hypertension. But the diastolic pressure will remain in the normal range. This problem is commonly found in old age people. These people have a high probability of heart attack, stroke and other problems. So it is better to consult a doctor and follow his guidance for Isolated Systolic Hypertension.
What are the Effects of High Blood Pressure?
- Heart attack
- Heart Diseases
- Problems related to eyes
- Kidney failure
- Chest Pain
- Leg pain and difficulty with walking.
What are the solutions?
- It’s necessary to follow Doctor’s advice and also to take appropriate tests.
- It is important and must to take master health checkup once a year.
- Sleeping 6 to 7 hours a day is necessary.
- Emotions like Anger and anxiety must be kept under control.
- Walking for 40 minutes a day is must
- Reducing the amount of salt in foods
- Coffee and tea can be replaced with fresh fruit juices without sugar, or it can be replaced with lemon tea or green tea. As these drinks are rich in antioxidants, it helps to control blood pressure.
- Avoiding foods like fat rich meat, egg yellow, yogurt, ghee, butter, ice cream, cheese, cream rich cakes, sweets, chocolates would be necessary.
What are the ways to prevent blood pressure?
- Changing to healthy lifestyle and healthy food habits is the first step in keeping blood pressure in check
- Reducing the usage of sesame oil, groundnut oil, rice bran oil and sunflower oil is advised.
- Salt rich foods like pickles, dry fish, chips, buttermilk and packaged foods must be avoided.
- Including potassium, fiber, calcium and magnesium rich food items into diet will help to prevent high blood pressure.
- Most preferred foods include milk, banana, apple, orange, grapes, cabbage, greens, tender coconut, and fish.
What are the symptoms of High Blood Pressure?
- Eyesight problems
- Problem with smelling fragrance