Pumpkin seeds are becoming a popular snack quite recently. It is roasted with salt and sold separately as a snack. Additionally, it is used over sweets, pastries, salad, bread varieties.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in many micro and macronutrients. Apart from this, it also contains protein, many types of phytochemicals, polyunsaturated acid, and zinc. When it is taken as a snack regularly, it brings in numerous health benefits.
Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds can effectively prevent prostate cancer. It also reduces urinary problems that are linked to prostate cancer in its initial stage.
- Eating this as a snack will prevent kidney stones. Additionally, it also has the capacity to dissolve existing kidney stones.
- When we include foods that contain pumpkin seeds to our daily diet, it greatly helps to keep blood pressure in the normal range.
- It cures stomach pain that results from worms inside intestines.
- Omega fatty acids present in it will improve overall body’s health. Also, it will prevent diseases that arise from Auto Immune Disorder.
- We can consume 10 to 15 pumpkin seeds a day. But, pregnant women and women who feed breast milk should avoid this.
How to prepare pumpkin seeds for consumption
Separate the pumpkin seeds from the pulp. Wash it thoroughly and dry it in sunlight for a month’s time.
Then roast it thoroughly in low flame, till it loses its stickiness. After it has roasted enough, you can add a little salt and pepper for consumption.