We take several measures to keep us healthy. One of the best ways to check whether these measures are going on a right track is to check our BMI (Body Mass Index) on a regular basis. Body mass index will help to calculate the levels of fat in our body through our body weight and height.
Formula to calculate BMI is given below
Is your BMI at the right level?
- If the value of BMI is less than 18.5, it means you do not have a healthy weight or you weigh less.
- BMI between 18.5 to 24.9 means you are in the healthy weight zone.
- BMI value of 25.0 to 29.9 means you are over weight.
- Anything more than 30 means you are obese.
Problems that arise due to high values of BMI
- Heart problems.
- High blood pressure.
- Increase in the level of LDL or bad fat.
- Decrease in the level of HDL or Good fat.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Breathing problems.
- Liver problems.
- Gall Bladder stones.
- Sleep Apnea.
- Several types of cancer.
Steps to Maintain your BMI
- Having a well-balanced food habit that includes fiber rich vegetables, fruits, protein rich foods, and low-fat foods.
- Avoiding high fat and deep fried foods.
- Consuming fat rich foods, eggs, carbohydrate rich foods should be reduced.
- Chocolates, pizza, burger, fried rice, and noodles should be avoided as much as possible.