Eyes play the most important role among the other five senses. It is quite simple to protect our eyes and keep it healthy.
1. It’s a good practice to keep our computer monitor and laptop at a safe distance while using them. While using a mobile phone, keep it at least one foot away from your eyes. Always make sure computer monitor is a little below your eye level.
2. Blinking regularly will help to keep the upper part of the eyes moist, thereby prevents irritation in eyes. So blink at least 15 to 20 times a minute. Make sure to look at an object placed approximately 200 feet away every 20 minutes by blinking your eyes.
3. Wear a standard sunglassbefore going out in the sun to prevent ultraviolet radiation. Wearing sunglasses is a must while riding a bike.
4. If you detect defects in your eyesight, then consult a doctor immediately and wear a glass. Avoid using spectacles of another person.
5. Carrot, papaya, and fruits that are orange in color are rich in Vitamin A. It helps with maintaining healthy eyesight. Apart from these, greens, cabbage, and broccoli are rich in vitamins that are good for the eyes as well. Including these in our daily meals is a must. Non-vegetarian foods like eggs and fish can also be included.
6. Both too much or too little light are capable of harming eyesight. When there is less sunlight, it’s better to switch on the artificial lights. It’s really essential to have a well-lit room while reading books. Prevent lights from hitting your eyes directly.
7. Reading while lying in the bed, while lying upside down, while walking is not healthy. Reading must be done while sitting in an erect position. Giving too much strain or stress to the eyes will affect its health.
8. Prevent breeze from Air conditioner hitting straight on your eyes. Do not read books while traveling
9. If there is irritation in eyes, do not use any eye drops without Doctor’s advice.
10. Checking your eyes at least once a year is a must. Doing so helps in detecting and preventing eye diseases like glaucoma, which could lead to loss of eyesight.