It is very important to take special care of your hair during monsoon. Humidity is also known to dampen hair very much so that hair looks dull. It is important to shampoo your hair more often during monsoon to keep dirt at bay. Using Ayurveda or natural oils can help deal with hair fall by strengthening the roots. Give condition to your hair after every wash during the rainy season. This will ensure your hair doesn’t become too frizzy.
Quick tips for monsoon hair care
- Wash with a mild use of shampoo daily followed by a soft conditioner is a must.
- Use of mild-warm water is recommended as it gently cleanses the scalp, but make sure it’s not too hot, else it could dry hair too.
- Use a deep conditioner at the ends of hair as they are most prone to damage.
- Take hair trim every 4-5 weeks during monsoon to remove the split ends
- Keep a healthy diet – Moderate intake of proteins and iron like spinach and apple. For non-vegetarians, intake of chicken will provide hair with Vitamin B12. For vegetarians, soy is the best source for quality proteins.
- Additional stress on the hair, like the use of chemical hair colors, hair dryer on hot mode, permanent straightening and ironing etc. should be avoided during monsoon.
- When hair gets wet in the hair, one should immediately wash hair as early showers contain toxins and acids due to pollution.
- Wash the scalp with mild anti-fungal shampoo, at least once a week for the people who do not have dandruff and twice to thrice a week for the people who have dandruff.
- Wear protective hair cap while swimming or apply a silicone-based serum in the hair during such activities.
- Avoid use of products with formaldehyde and alcohol as they will dry hair. Instead, use natural herbal hair products.