“An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away” is the popular saying. But do you know that Apple cider vinegar has more demand over apple lately? As it is prepared from apple skin, it packs in numerous health benefits.
It is widely used in naturopathy. It is easily available in supermarkets and organic shops. Apart from health benefits, it is good for skin and hair health as well.
10 Ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar
- ACV resists yeasts, fungus, and bacterias, it acts as a permanent solution for numerous skin problems. It also helps to maintain pH levels of skin and hair.
- Skin tan is quite common during summer seasons. To remove tan, mix 20ml of apple cider vinegar with 4 cups of water, and use it to wash the face. After 15 minutes wash the face again in cold water. Apple cider vinegar is more acidic, so using it directly over skin surface must be avoided.
- People with oily skin will have high levels of skin pores. Even makeup will be of little help to make their skin to look natural. To improve this condition, mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons of water, and damp a little cotton over this liquid and press it all over the face. Wash the face with cold water after some time. Doing it regularly for 30 days will fetch best results.
- Mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of water, and dump a piece of cotton into this liquid and press it against the pimples. Repeating the process four times a day will make the pimples dry and make it fall off.
- To make homemade peel for skin, mix one teaspoon apple cider vinegar to half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and half a teaspoon of honey. Apple this over face and wash it off after 15 minutes. Repeating this process once a week will remove tan and blockheads.
- People with dandruff problems can mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 teaspoons of lemon extract and 2 teaspoons of water. This mixture needs to be applied to the scalp and washed off after 10 minutes. Repeating this process for three times a week for three months duration will completely cure dandruff problems.
- After washing off the hair with shampoo, mix 20ml of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water, and use it to wash the hair. Then, apply hair conditioner and wash it off as well. Doing this will reduce the hair breakage and strengthens hair roots.
- Mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to a bucket of water, dump both the feet into this water for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help to cure foot corn, cracks, and infections in nails.
- For mosquito bites that cause irritation and itchy sensation, and for infections under armpits and thighs, mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and aloe vera gel. Apply this to affected regions and wash it off after 10 minutes.
- For body odor problems, mixing 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in a bucket of water and taking bath in it will cure the problem.
- For shiny and silky skin, mix 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar with 1 teaspoon rice flour and apply this paste to your face and wash it after 20 minutes.
Can we Consume Apple Cider Vinegar?
- As it is rich in acetic acid, potassium, sodium, and thiamine, it is highly acidic. So, it is better to avoid consuming it.
- Some people drink ACV because it is less calorie content. But this is a very bad practice. It can be drunk once a day. Even then, it should be done by mixing 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of warm water. Highly concentrated ACV will irritate the food pipe and may lead to inflammation.
- To remove yellow coloring over teeth, some people will gobble apple cider vinegar. But, as it is highly acidic, it can damage the enamels and make your teeth weak.
- As apple cider vinegar suppresses hunger and makes you feel full, it helps to reduce weight. But this is not the right way to lose weight. Healthy food and regular exercise are the best and right way to do it.
- There are claims that drinking apple cider vinegar will reduce the fat belly. But drinking this can lead to stomach ulcers.
- There is a common belief that drinking ACV after food will keep diabetes under control. But, there is no proof to this claim. Lifestyle changes and healthy foods are best ways to keep it under control.
- Though apple cider vinegar packs in numerous health benefits, and greatly helps to cure several conditions, it is not a good idea to drink it directly in its raw form. So, always consult your Doctor for their directions before consuming it.