It is not an easy task to take care a cancer patient, it is not just about taking care of the person physically, it involves a lot of emotions. Most important source of inspiration and motivation for a cancer patient comes from the person who takes regular care of them. If you are someone who is in that position, I hope these tips will help you to do a better job. And I really pray to God that your beloved gets completely cured of his or her condition.
8 Useful Tips for the Person Who takes care of cancer patient.
- Do not show signs of pity or sadness towards the person. Motivate them regularly with real life stories of people who got out of the disease. Let them know, that you will be there for them always.
- For some reason, if you are not happy with the treatment you are getting, do not hesitate to take a second opinion from another Doctor. It is your right. But after getting the second opinion, trust your Doctor and his treatment. Any treatment works best only when the patient shows complete trust over it.
- Caretaker of a cancer patient must be a person who can be with them at all times. They need to have clear thoughts and mind. The caretaker should follow Doctor’s advice and directions.
- If you have kids at home, make necessary arrangements to take care of them. Additionally, make arrangements to maintain your home and if possible have a servant to cook your food till the duration of the treatment.
- Cancer patients need well balanced and nutrients rich foods the day before chemotherapy. Make sure the foods are mostly liquid or semi-solid, as liquid foods are easily digestible. Doing so will make the chemotherapy a little pain free process.
- Taking foods rich in antioxidants before chemotherapy will ensure the development of more healthy cells in the body. Foods like carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, capsicum, broccoli are some of the foods that are rich in antioxidants.
- Cancer patients must undergo little physical exercises, yoga, and meditation both before and after the treatment.
- Recurrence of cancer for a breast cancer patient need not be at the same place, it can happen at any part of the body. So, if a patient feels pain or feels discomfort at any place, make sure to get it tested immediately.