Fresh cheese or cottage cheese or paneer is what everyone loves to have. It is popularly used as an alternative for meat by vegetarians. It not only tastes great but it packs numerous health benefits, vitamins, protein, and minerals.
Unfortunately making fresh cheese at home is bit tedious process and can be little messy. But people at Lekue have come up with an innovative gadget that eased the whole fresh cheese making process.
How does it work?
The cheese maker comes with three parts, the cap, the container, and the colander. The cap is made of silicone and it has a special projection at the back of it where we can fill it with needed quantity of lemon extract.
Just boil the milk at 800w for 15 minutes and pour the filled up lemon extract to the container. Leave it for around 30 minutes for the separation process. Once done pour the separated milk into the colander to drain off the excess water. Place it back into the container. Cover it up with the silicone lid and refrigerate it for 60 minutes.
Once the fresh cheese has started to settle at the bottom of the colander, flip it upside down to release the cheese.
You can add your own toppings and flavors to the cheese before consumption.
What are the advantages?
- It simplifies the whole fresh cheese making process with specially designed parts
- Takes less than 2 hours to make your own fresh cheese at home.
- Fresh cheese made at home tastes better, and it is chemical and preservative free. So it provides you with all the needed nutrients.
- Container, colander, and the lid are all food safe and heat proof.
- It comes with a recipe book which contains 24 different recipes that can be made with fresh cheese.
- It is dishwasher safe.
What is the price?
Lekue cheese maker is directly sold by lekue through Amazon for $35 which will include the recipe book.