Eyes play the most important role among our five senses. Its quite simple to protect your eyes and keep it healthy.
1. Its a good practice to keep your computer monitor and laptop at a distance while using them. While using a mobile phone, keep it at least one feet away from your eyes. Always make sure computer monitor is below your eye level.
2. Blinking regularly will help to keep the upper part of the eyes moist thereby prevents irritation in eyes. So blink al least 15 to 20 times a minute. Make sure to look at an object placed at 200 feet approximately every 20 minutes by blinking your eyes.
3. Wear a standard sun glass that prevents ultraviolet radiation before going out in the sun. Wearing sun glasses is a must while riding a bike.
4. If you detect defects in your eye sight, then consult a doctor immediately and wear a glass. Avoid using power glasses of other person.
5. Carrot, papaya and fruits that orange in colour are rich in Vitamin A. It helps with maintaining healthy eye sight. apart from this greens, cabbage, broccoli are rich in vitamins that are good for eyes as well. Including these in our daily meals is a must. Non-vegetarian foods like eggs and fish can also be included.
6. Too much or too little light both are capable of harming eye sight. When there is less sunlight, its better to turn on the artificial lights. It’s really essential to have a well lit room while reading books. Prevent lights from hitting your eyes directly.
7. Reading while lying in the bed, while lying upside down, while walking is not healthy. Reading must be done while sitting in erect position. Giving too much strain or stress to eyes will affect its health.
8. Prevent breeze from Air conditioner hitting straight on your eyes. Do not read books while traveling
9. If there is irritation in eyes, do not use any eye drops without Doctor’s advice.
10. Checking your eyes at least once a year is a must. Doing so helps in detecting and preventing eye diseases like glaucoma, which could lead to loss of eye sight.